The area that is known as Albertville was first a town site called “Hamburg” by Joseph Vetsch. Later that same year in August, the Minneapolis and Northwestern Railroad Company bought land for a railroad through the area (now the BNSF rail in downtown Albertville). After 30 years of contributions to the area, including Albert Zachman, who donated land for the current historic church by Central Park (also recognized as Lions Park) J.P. Eull and Theodore Aydt proposed a petition to incorporate the township as Saint Michael Station with a population of 190. The first election held, to construct a village hall, happened in 1903. It passed on a vote of 20-18 with a cost of $531.95 ($4,035.03 today). In the next few years, the town started to raise funds for a Catholic Church, completed in 1902, was named the Church of St. Albert, in honor of Albert Zachman’s contributions to the town. In 1909, Father Duhr proposed to change the name to Albertville in 1909, again in honor of Albert Zachman. The town approved, but was not official until September 1919, making the name change official.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.64 square miles (12.02 km2); 4.37 square miles (11.32 km2) is land and 0.27 square miles (0.70 km2) is water. Albertville is generally considered the halfway point between Minneapolis and Saint Cloud.
The city contains the Church of St Albert, constructed in 1902.
Albertville is part of St. Michael–Albertville Independent School District #885. The St. Michael–Albertville school colors are royal blue and gold, with the mascot as the Knight. The school district consists of seven schools and two alternative academies. The schools are St. Michael-Albertville High School (Grades 9–12), finished being built in 2009 and is the second largest high school in the state, with a square footage of about 410,000 square feet (38,000 m2); St. Michael–Albertville Middle School East and West (Grades 5–8); St. Michael Elementary School (Grades 1–4); Fieldstone Elementary School (Grades 1–4); Big Woods Elementary School (Grades 1–4); and Albertville Primary School (Kindergarten). The two ALP academies are Page Academy (Middle School alternative) and the Knights Academy (High School alternative). There is also a private Catholic School for grades K–8 in St. Michael.
The district’s new high school cost about $77 million to construct, and has currently the largest Performing Arts Center in the state of Minnesota, which can hold 1,450.
Sources: Wikipedia and Google Images
For more information on Homes for Sale Albertville MN or surrounding communities, please visit www.SchleifGroup.com